Facilities & Directions
Nininger Hall serves as the host facility for volleyball and men’s and women’s basketball. The facility was built in 1958 and seats 1,000 people.
Recently the facility was upgraded with new seating and scoreboards. Nininger Hall contains the gym along with coach’s offices, classrooms, a training room, a weight room, team locker rooms, and a swimming pool.
Nininger is home to one the College's largest academic departments, health and human sciences, which hosts five majors, including a highly respected athletic training program, and four minors, and prepares students for further education in physical and occupational therapy.
The $9 million renovation project was commemorated in September 2014. The transformation includes 15,000+ square feet of additional space (including outdoor fields) as well as a complete renovation of existing structures and spaces. Features of the revitalized space include:
- New event space
- Fully renovated basketball/volleyball venue
- Updated classrooms and laboratory for the Health and Human Sciences program
- Renovated faculty offices
- Renovated locker rooms, training/rehab center, strength/conditioning facility and team room
- Renovated offices for coaches in 22 sports
- New, multi-sport, flexible locker room
- New building façade and lobby
- New Hall of Fame celebration area